Those times really inspired me to include a wide range of loft bed designs when we created Maxtrix Kids Furniture. So, if you are considering a loft bed for your child's room, here are some basic things to know, first:
- - Simply put, a loft is a bed that is elevated and is usually a single bed.
- - We offer low, medium and high loft beds.
- - The low loft option is great for young children or rooms with low ceilings. They usually have a play-curtain underneath (and storage).
- - The medium lofts can also have a curtain as we offer an extension panel to make sure curtains are long enough. However, these lofts are often combined with case-goods instead of curtains.
- - High lofts are usually bought for older kids - tweens, teens and even college students (think dorms!) – often to put a desk underneath to optimize space.
Why Should You Purchase a Loft Bed?Let's go over the key benefits of choosing children's loft beds:
- - Great Space Savers. With plenty of room underneath the loft bed, your child can use the additional floor space for storing toys, adding a desk, nook reading or playing with friends and family!
- - The Fun Factor. Not only can you add a cool slide or curtain to your kid's bed, but they'll love the excitement that comes along with sleeping up high!
- - Retreat Spot. As your child gets older and becomes a tween or teenager, they'll be able to create their own space underneath the bed. Let them "get away" from it all with an area they helped to design with items they chose.
- - Safety. Always always, bed safety is key – especially for loft beds. Just as with our bed system, make sure their are guardrails and that the children understand ladder safety. You need a rock solid connection. See what makes our system so unique in that regard:
- - Mix & Match. You can interchange your loft with other favorite items, such as a great couch, a funky chair, comfy poufs and modern benches to give your room a unique and edgy style of its own.
- - Non-Bunk Solution. Although we love bunk beds (you can shop ours here), there are other options. You can also simply put a bed underneath a loft in an L shape to create an extra sleeping spot in the room.
Your possibilities are endless with loft beds. Discover how much fun it can be configuring your kid's room with a loft bed with this short video: